Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Buck Stops Here



When faced with the question, “Who left the ____ in the car” (you can fill in the blank with any number of items) – my two boys are notorious buck passers! Even if their name is ALL OVER an item they try to finagle a way out of being responsible.

This was never so apparent as a few weeks ago.

My husband went out to clean our vehicle and came back in the house with “that” look on his face – well, that look and two somewhat empty hot chocolate cups from our local coffee barista. I took the cups from him and proceeded to take off the lid – almost losing it as I emptied the contents into our kitchen sink.

I immediately summoned our two boys to the kitchen to inform them that the rest of the car clean-up would be entrusted to their care. While I was - once again - reminding them of the need to be responsible for their personal things, I mentioned that, in this case, the cups had been left in the back seat and the milk had curdled. Not one to miss a beat my 13 yr. old piped up and said, “See – it wasn’t me – it was him (pointing a finger at his brother)! I didn’t order curdled milk!”

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite "mom stories". It hits uncomfortable close to home with my recently stained back seat. Dairy and the sun and heat do not mix! :)

    ReplyDelete