Saturday, April 25, 2009

Everything Old Is New Again ....


"Make new friends

But keep the old

One is Silver

and

The other is Gold."


(Above poem written by: Somebody else - not me - don't know who -
sorry author person, whoever you are --
'cause I'm just too tired to look your name up right now! ha)


I received a message on my answering machine from a friend and I returned the call tonight! I'm so happy I did! (Thanks for calling and you know who you are!)

I hung up the phone and immediately thought, "Everything old is new again!"

Life is funny. Funny "surprising," funny "haha," funny "amazing!" It's just plain funny!

And fun.

I am really tired tonight so I am off to bed but I just want to remind all of you to cherish friendships. Having a true friend involves risks sometimes - we have to make ourselves vulnerable and it feels a little uncomfortable at first to be "real." (Any "Velveteen Rabbit" fans out there?)

But I'm working hard at this ... and you don't need to have a BAZILLION friends but ... you do have to be ONE!

Good Night! More soon ~

No comments:

Post a Comment