Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Awww

So ... I was sitting at my desk minding my own business when I look up and see my hubby walking in the door with a vase full of roses, a red "I Love You" heart balloon & an adorable little stuffed ladybug squeezed in the bouquet!
Awwww - now THAT was nice!! :-)
It was very thoughtful ~ especially because I recently told him I didn't want any more "live" plants or flowers. It wasn't that I didn't appreciate the thought behind live flowers, etc. - it was just that, for my birthday, my co-workers had presented me with two plants and ... by the weeks end ... they were both wilting/dying. :-(
It was soooo sad (and I definitely have a brown thumb -- there's no green in it!). The fact that these two plants were about to die brought me to tears and I told my husband, "Please don't get me anything live - it makes me feel sooo bad if/when they die."
So -- the present today -- totally unexpected -- was a bouquet of artificial silk red roses (they have 'I Love You' and XO XO XO's imprinted on them) ... which shows how much he was paying attention to what I had said.
Thanks hubby!
You ROCK! And, if you happen to see this blog today ~ please know that I Love YOU! :-) (Always & Forever) ~
'me'

2 comments:

  1. Yeah hubby of hers, you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweetie!

    p.s. I have a brown thumb too so I totally understand.

    ReplyDelete