Monday, January 25, 2010

Stoned ....


Kidney stones S-U-C-K.

I have NEVER experienced pain like I experienced last Friday and yesterday.  I felt pretty good when I got to work and then something started going down hill.  I went to see my doctor for the second time and she gave me some medication and sent me to a lab for some blood work (after receiving results via a CT scan that I had two kidney stones).  When I got to the lab I started vomiting and almost passed out.  I couldn't drive and can't even describe what I felt like.

Bad.

That about says it.  I hope the worst is behind me but ... neither of the stones have passed yet.  However, I am feeling some relief right now and hope it lasts!  I would rather go through labor again than go through this pain.

I think that describes it best. 

My doctor prescribed Vicodin and anti-nausea medication Friday morning ... both have been helpful and today I really am sensing relief.  I haven't had to take either medication since yesterday morning and I returned to work today and right now I'm just taking it one day at a time.  

I didn't even need pain medication when I delivered my 10 pound, 3 oz. son and I didn't need any meds after my surgery ... did I mention this sucked?  This hurts.

I guess I will know when they are gone (and I hope it is soon!).  Right now my back still aches but it is not anything near like it was hurting before ... again, I REALLY hope the worst is behind me.  I guess I've said THAT enough times now.

Welcome to the world of post gastric-bypass??  Hmmm .... uh oh ...

No comments:

Post a Comment