Monday, January 4, 2010

Today ...

I'm down a total of 33 pounds this morning ~ it will be 7 weeks since my surgery date this coming Wednesday so I think that I'm doing pretty well. 

I'll definitely take a 33 pound weight loss.  :-)

I'm feeling good ~ doing a little better on my water intake and protein ... though I'm certain I'm falling quite short of the 55-60 gram protein requirement.  I need to begin logging the amounts a little better.

One thing I need to work on is not getting on the scale so often.  A co-worker had a good suggestion for me this morning.  I mentioned to her that I still have a habit of weighing in daily ... often more than a few times.  She suggested I begin weighing myself ONCE daily -- then cutting back to once every couple of days ... until I am weighing only once per week.  For me, weighing so often is causing me to miss the enjoyment of weight loss because instead of seeing it in lump sums once a week I'm seeing it day by day in little amounts.  I'm not sure it matters, really, at least not in the overall scheme of things.  But it matters to me because I want to be able to celebrate my weight loss and I think I'd "see" it better once a week.

If ANY of that makes sense ... (it made sense in my head ... perhaps I should've left it there? ha).

The holidays are now behind us and it already seems so much easier not to be bombarded with snacks and junk food around every corner.  However, I can only imagine how many calories I avoided consuming over the holiday simply because eating wasn't an option.  I was tempted by treats, pies, meals and desserts and I know I would've over consumed.  I'm soooo glad I went through 2009 Holidays losing instead of gaining -- for a change.  Phew.

There is a radiologist at my work who also does photography.  When I lose my weight and reach my goal I am going to schedule a glamour session with him.  He does beautiful work and I would love to have a pretty picture made for Chuck.  I've spent sooo many years avoiding the camera, begging for pictures to NOT be taken -- I know he'd really enjoy having one so that's one of my goals.  :-)   I am already anticipating this photo session ... that's how good I am feeling about achieving my goal.  Woo Hoo!

That's all for today - more soon ...

And, as always, I'll keep you ... posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment