Thursday, April 1, 2010

Faith ...

Firstly today:  I would like to highly recommend a blog entitled, "Under Grace and Over Coffee" - well written and inspirational.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Okay - moving on to my own blog for the day.  With Easter fast approaching and tomorrow being Good Friday, I have been thinking more about the topic of "faith" ~ faith in general and then my own personal faith. 

That train of thought led me down the tracks to remembering how "tied up" I had gotten trying to figure out ALL of my beliefs about ALL of life's topics earlier in this blog.  This led to a chasm between me and God - I felt the bridge could not be crossed.  And then, as the song says, He became the bridge to the cross.  :-)

You see, I see myself as the type of person who prefers to have the answers to all the questions before coming to a conclusion about something ... tell me all the sides, let me hear varying opinions, let me get a feel for what's going on and a clear idea of the situation ... not just one side of an argument, etc.  (This is what bugs me about some radio talk shows ... at times the conversations are so one-sided that there's not a true representation of the actual issue.)

I guess I'm not a very black and white person.  I'm gray on many things.  [It doesn't fit my color wheel for make-up and/or clothing but hey, so be it!]  ;-)

Okay - back to my point:  When faced with a major decision I am a list maker -- if a decision needs to be made you will find me with a blank sheet of college ruled paper, pen in hand, ready to draw a line with a ruler and make two columns - one which will be labeled "PROS" and the other will be labeled "CONS". 

[Well - hold it.  I guess that's not always the case.  Sometimes I find myself extremely spontaneous -- I will make a decision to go and do on the spur of the moment throwing caution to the wind (I like those times!). ]

But when it comes down to matters of the heart - important matters ... serious decisions - I just can't be so spur of the moment.

I suppose this is why I was having what I would define as a crisis of belief spiritually speaking.  There are so many issues that are considered "black and white" and those "issues" seem to be deal breakers for believers.  I am more of the opinion that yes, there is one right answer BUT ... let God be the One who reveals that to a person in need of Him. 

We seem to take so many matters into our own hands because we don't feel God is big enough to deal with it.  "If 'so and so' becomes part of our religious circle they might give God a bad name ... "
News Flash:  God can handle our issues. 

He is Big Enough. 

He can get to the HEART of the matter and He ... can make a difference. 

And THAT ... is what matters.

That's all for now - but as always I'll keep you -

Posted.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment