Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hmmm ...

Ahhh yes .... writers block. I'm totally stuck with this blog.  Early on, if I'm remembering correctly, I started this blog to -- ohhh what's the word?  Track?  Follow?  There's a word that ends with something like "...ate" and it means to follow the progress of.  I can't think of it and dictionary.com is not coming to my rescue!  (lol)  Oh well -- I started to blog about my weight - then I started to try to get to the "root" of my weight "issue" - then I started to talk about God and my past and ... yada yada yada.  Now - I'm not sure WHAT I want my blog to be about and/or for. 
(And I'm still irritated because I can't think of that word! ha)

Do I want to talk about my journey following my gastric bypass?  Do I want to talk about my relationship with God?  Do I want to talk about who I am and where I'm going?  Do I want this blog to be a mish mash of all of those things and more? 

Hmmm.  I don't know.  I guess my blog doesn't have to have an "objective" ... I could write for enjoyment sake - write for the sheer pleasure of writing.  I just feel like it would be a more productive undertaking if I knew where I was going with it.  This is probably the same reason I've never started (let alone completed) that novel I've always dreamed of writing.  The way I see it I have to know the beginning, the middle and the end before I can start the first sentence in my story.  Yet many of my favorite authors say their characters "evolve" as they write.  Many authors don't even know the outcome of their own books until it is revealed in print coming out of their fingertips.  That's FASCINATING to me!  :-)

At any rate - if I simply wrote about the normalcy's of my life (such as the fact that somewhere between the time I sat down to type this and right now *this very minute* my almost 16 year old senior dog actually pooped on the carpet right in front of me and never "asked" to be let out [which she usually does] ... what's up with that??) - but if I write about that type of "normalcy" .... eeek - I'm thinking this would end up quite the sorry blog indeed! (HA)

I need an objective.

[And I seriously need to figure out that stupid word!]

Hmmm - have you ever done that?  Ever tried to think of the name of a song or a tv show or an actor/actress ... and the answer evaded you?  It's kind of fun actually - because it becomes this puzzle and this mystery and then you cannot rest until you have the answer.  You ask your kids and your husband - if they're not around you text them - or you "phone a friend" ... ha ... and if you're really lucky THEY can't remember it off the top of their head either and so there's a group of you out there trying to be the "winner" ... striving to be the 1st to solve the mystery!  :-)

Anyway - moving on.  All three of my three kids (yes, my daughter is home for a few days -- YAAAAY) just went out to dinner with their dad's parents who are traveling back to the Bay Area after a mini vacation up north to visit some of their extended family.  They (Oma and Opa) came back through here this evening and asked the kids to meet up with them at Hometown Buffet so -- the kids are there as I write.  Chuck and I were going to go to a little restaurant here in town while the kids were out but ... (sigh*) he called a little while ago and said there was a home that was fully engulfed in fire here in our city so -- we would have to reschedule our dinner plans. 

Bummer.

Bigger bummer though is the sad story about this family -- according to Redding.com the home belongs to a single mother of five kids.  Tragic.  :-(   Our community here in the Northstate really pulls through in time of need though so it will be uplifting to see what comes of this situation.


Welllll - that's all I have.  See what I mean?  Writer's block.  *hmph*

I need to be inspired and then, as always, I'll continue to keep you ~

Posted

No comments:

Post a Comment