Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Free At Last!

THANK GOD ALMIGHTY! 

Okay - so my "archives" aren't national ... but -- you get the point!  ;-)

I passed two stones this morning - according to a callback this afternoon from the urologist's office next door ~ one measured 8-9mm, the other 2mm.  Passing them was not an issue but I guess "enroute" those suckers have an attitude.  Yesterday afternoon was NOT one for the memory book ... I felt sooo uncomfortable.  I will say that, when I "delivered" the stones to the urologist next door the gal at the front desk said (and I'm sorry, I will quote her exactly ... inserting asterisks to ease the blow of her verbage):   "Holy F**k girl ... did you PASS those yourself?"  (NOTE:  There were no patients in their waiting room - ha!)

I would've loved to have been able to say, "No, I got somebody to pass them FOR me!"  [HA!  And how I wish THAT were the case!]

Instead I told her that yes, I had passed them.  "Ummm - yes, I did.  I thought I'd share my joy!  And 'passing them' was a total breeze - I didn't even know they came out until I looked in the toilet ... which has been my daily ritual of late!  It was the part leading up to actually getting into the bathroom .... and these past few days ... namely yesterday ... that SUCKED!" 

She said I should've been in the hospital.  [Oh thanks chickie - NOWWWW she tells me??!] 

Do these things - or can these things GROW?  Last I heard the largest was 4mm ... and yet the larger of the two stones I passed this morning was almost 9mm?  I wish I took a pic with my camera phone before I took them to the urologist office as instructed for him to analyze.  I sincerely hope to never have to go through this again.  It truly has been the worst/most painful experience in my almost 47 years on this earth.  I swear - as God is my witness - I am going to DRINK more water than He expected Moses to PART!  Seriously! 

I have had to wear Depends for the past few days and, in fact, had just gotten back from taking a break and going to Walgreen's to buy another package of those things.  They helped to ease some stress though because it got to a point where I couldn't tell if the painful urge to go to the bathroom was just an "urge" or if I really had to go (TMI - sorry - I know).  If I waited too long thinking it was just the stone irritating again ... and not for "reals" ... well ... you get the Depends.

OK -- enough of all that now.  I don't intend to continue to belabor the point about kidney stones any longer ... and I do thank you for your patience, readers!  :-)

However, I DID want to share my joy:  TWO ARE GONE and I am hopeful that the second doctor was incorrect ... maybe there were just two and not three.  If that is the case - the worst is behind me and now it's full-speed ahead with weight loss.  I hope to never address the stones topic again!  :-)

Have a great day and, as always, I'll keep you posted ... eventually.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment