Friday, March 26, 2010

快乐星期五

Wellll, I tried some chinese food today ... and it tasted good to me.  I didn't have much - a potsticker, two of those little round pieces of orange chicken.  I was full after that and I'm so happy it settled okay. 

Weird thing about being post-op gastric bypass ... some days a certain food will set perfectly fine and then the same exact food, on another day, might make me feel quite a bit of discomfort.  No real rhyme or reason to it -- one type of food or another just doesn't "work" on some days.

I'm pleasantly surprised though ~ overall I have not had issues with what they have termed the "dumping syndrome".  I have had 2 (maybe 3) episodes of pain/discomfort ... like I'm trying to force a square peg into a round hole.  This usually occurs when I'm distracted and not paying attention to chewing my food thoroughly OR when I have pretty much any type of bread or roll.  The discomfort doesn't last long at all ... if I stretch my arms up above my head and immediately get up and move around (and not lay down like you feel like doing) I can work through it in just a few minutes. 

I still eat very slowly and most of the time I avoid breads, rices and pastas.  I'm not sure I'll have a "sandwich" again in this lifetime but that's okay.  I feel better so I'll bypass on the PB & J.   But again - I decided to give it a shot with the potsticker and so far so good ... which means all is fine because that was over 30 minutes ago.

I'm drinking the rest of my water and not having any problems at all.  Wooo Hooo - turns out it was a good day to try a potsticker.  (lol)  It's the little things, right?  ;-)

The weekend is here!  (Smiling again!)  I made a lists of "to-do's" while I was at my desk earlier today.  It was a quiet day - a typical Friday.  Tonight I will make dinner, clean up after dinner, sweep and mop the kitchen and dining room tonight.  Then for "fun" we rented "The Time Traveler's Wife" so we'll watch that.  I doubt the boys will be too interested but it's Friday night so they'll be enjoying xBox most likely.  :-)

Tomorrow morning I will get up, make breakfast, clean up after breakfast, start some laundry.  After the laundry is going I have decided to go through my dresser drawers and clean out stuff that is too big now.  I think I mentioned in here in an earlier post that I finally bought some new underwear.  My previous underwear now look absolutely ridiculous on me ... riding up to my bra strap in back.  (ha)  It's humorous but ridiculous!  I'm TOSSING them all ... which seems a little wasteful (seems A LOT wasteful actually) but I cannot bring myself to donate used underwear to Goodwill.  :-)   I should undertake the closet again this weekend but ... that's not going to happen.  I'm actually planning some "fun/relaxing" time into my "schedule" tomorrow!  I am going to either make some candles for SPRING (cute pastel colors/fragrances) OR ... drumroll please ... I am going to attempt my first acrylic painting! 

I have the picture I am going to work on and this is going to be an adventure for me (I'm kind of trying to decide how I can do both the candles AND the painting!).  ;-)

A friend/co-worker of mine lost her beloved pet dog a few weeks ago and I gave her a little remembrance as a gift.  As a thank you, she brought over the most ADORABLE picture of their family pet ... sunning in their backyard pool on an inflated lounger.  He had sunglasses on and was just the cutest thing.  I saw that picture and new immediately that this beautiful animal was going to be my first painting project and I'm pretty excited about it.  If it turns out well I will frame it and pass it on to her.  (I hope it turns out well!) 

I have NO CLUE what I'm doing ... but hey, it's going to be SUCH fun to try.

Prior to my surgery I set out to change some habits ... not snack after work, not sit in front of the tv set and eat mindlessly, move MORE, etc.  BUT - I'm also aware that you have a much greater chance at "success" kicking a habit if you replace a negative habit with a positive habit/discipline.  To that end I decided to take up the elliptical machine AND acrylic painting.  Last Christmas, Chuck bought me some canvases (ummm - is that the plural of canvas? - maybe canvai?  lol), brushes, an easel and some paints.  Now it's just a matter of opening them up and getting started.  It doesn't have to be perfect - it just has to be fun.

So - that's what's on tap for the weekend.  As to the candles - my idea is to do a variety of pastel colored candles ... pink (strawberry), blue (baby powder), yellow (yuzi fruit), green (cucumber melon) and lavendar (lavendar).  :-)  I thought it might be cute to bring them to work in some decorated easter baskets ... they'll look like little eggs!  I already had clearance to put a little basket on display up in our case at work and near the cashier's booth so ... we'll see how that goes.

Next item on the agenda is to get ready for a spring yard sale/garage sale.  The garage is always cluttered - we try to organize it but every year around this time the clutter gets to me and we have to get busy.  I will have three piles to go through:  1)  SAVE   2)  SCRAP 3)  SELL.  I'm in a cleaning mood so I think the "scrap" pile will be the largest but ... that will come after the yard sale because you know what they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure!"  (I'm counting on this to be the case this spring.)  The save pile -- not sure about that.  I really don't want to save any junk -- the more weight I'm losing the more I'm wanting to get things organized and cleaned up.

It's funny - I have told Chuck all along -- the way I have felt on the inside (being fat on the outside) is directly reflected in the amount of clutter around me in and around the house.  You wouldn't see it walking in the house - things "look" great.  But it's that excess clothing in the closets and drawers, the "stuff" we save "just in case we need it someday" out in the garage.  Enough already.  Purge - get rid of it. 

I have a few days off coming up - actually - come to think of it it's next week.  I have a 4 day weekend!!  Woo Hoo.  Chuck and I both have Friday off and we're looking forward to just spending some time together and enjoying the days off.  No "major" plans.  I might attempt to bike ride with Chuck but ... I'll be slowing down his biker pace at this point.  Oh well ... maybe I'll just tell him to leave me in the dust and come looking for me later if I don't show up eventually!  (ha)

That's it for now ~ but, as usual, I'll keep you ...

Posted.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment