Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Bring Back My Aerobics Class ....

So - this morning I stepped on the scale and I am at 172.2 pounds -- a total loss of just about 55 pounds.  Yes, I'm smiling.

In actuality though I have to admit ... THIS is the weight that had been my "highest weight" for "forever" ... so I sort of feel like the 55 pounds I've lost over the past (almost) 4 mos. was excess and now that THAT is gone I can actually BEGIN losing weight!  (ha)

Not sure if that makes ANY SENSE whatsoever ... it made sense in my head but ... on paper?  Not so much.  ;-)

Oh well -- I do feel a lot better having 55 pounds OFF of my body.  I look soooo forward to the next 40-50 being gone.  This is probably a "repeat" but I simply cannot imagine how much better life is going to feel - physically and emotionally - when these pounds are behind me (instead of on "me behind").  lol

Next Wednesday it will be 4 mos. since my surgery -- and I do feel it was a good choice.  A few weeks ago I wasn't so sure but - those "temporary" setbacks can't detour me from the ultimate goal.  I know I made the right decision to have the Roux en Y -- I knew it before and I know it now ... especially since it is working so well and - though I have a ways to go - I feel sooo much healthier and happier already.

I'm learning a lot in the process ... learning about fluid intake (how NECESSARY this is - you cannot underestimate the importance of being and staying properly hydrated ... for many reasons) - how important it is to chew e-v-e-r-y b-i-t-e  SLOWLY! 

I have yet to incorporate daily exercise into my routine.  :-(   I miss my aerobics classes at the old Lady Nautilus -- I LOVED going there on a daily basis.  The class was fun, I met great people there, and it felt "simple" to take care of myself physically.  Exercise was never a chore and I never "dreaded" getting fit ...

These days the thought of "walking" bores the heck out of me ... it really is something I do not enjoy.  Not only do I not like to be out by myself anywhere ... but even if I'm walking with somebody I am walking and waiting for it to be over.  (ha)

What to do?  What to do?  I don't want to pay for a gym membership - but maybe I need to check online for a good aerobics and/or step workout DVD?  Even if I go with an "oldie but goody" - if I can find something with the grapevines I sooo miss -- maybe I could get back into the swing of things again and find exercise something I enjoy and anticipate instead of avoid and dread.

Anywhooo - that's all for now ... but, as always, I'll keep you ...

POSTED.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment