Friday, March 12, 2010

Hmmm ~


Okay - admittedly this post may be offensive to some and I'm sorry but I just have to give my 2 cents worth here.

According to a recent article I read, the above "bangle" is inspired by our President - who, I might add, I voted for.  Note the 3 numbers in between the "4's" ... [I know, I know - I'm reading too much into this but ... ]

I'm sorry ... it's just kinda' creepy to me! 

I do have a better understanding where this sequence of numbers came from after reading an article online (excerpt to follow).  These 5 numbers were assigned to Nelson Mandella *see below* but just for the record ...

I'm STILL going to wear bangs and COVER my forehead from now on!  (ha)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The five-digit number was assigned to Mandela during his nearly three decades of imprisonment for anti-Apartheid activism, which he has since embraced and transformed into a numerical symbol for perseverance and faith that hard work and compassion will support all our efforts in building a brighter and fairer world.



Says (Morgan) Freeman of his metallic adornment:


"It's 46664. Those were his numbers. Inscribed on his prison bracelet. I wear it all the time. It is a reminder that one person can indeed make a significant impact on the world."


The manufacture of these pieces, available in copper, silver, gold, and platinum, provides job training, skill development, and employment where they are so badly needed. And proceeds from the sales are dedicated to support education and outreach undertaken by the 46664 Campaign in the ongoing fight against HIV/AIDS.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

That's all for now but - I just had to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment