Thursday, June 24, 2010

For My Fireman Friend ...


"It's time for a poem," I said to myself.
"Hmmm - what should I rhyme about?
There's nothing too 'newsy' in life at this time,"
But then ... I figured it out.

I decided to share some things on my mind
That have to do with "dreams"
For far too long I've pushed them aside
And they were forgotten ... it seems.

Ahhhh - yes my goals, my aspirations,
These I should pen on my pad
It's been a while since I've been in touch
With many a dream I had.

When I was a young girl ~ say twelve or thirteen ~
There were so many visions of me
I would one day become a wife and a mom
To beautiful children three!

My prince would arrive on a white horse (of course)
My knight in the shiniest of armour
He'd sweep me off to greater lands
I didn't care if he was preacher or farmer!

A preacher he was and the dream underway ~
Now I just had to wait for the kids.
I was young and naive but thought I knew it all
I was ready for marital bliss.

Well, schooling came first (understandably so)
Then the preacher took on his first flock.
I sat on the sidelines and waited until
I could wear a maternity smock!

That time finally came and a good time it was
First a daughter, then the two little guys
Life moved forward with our family complete
But the church helped us meet our demise.

The hatred I felt from the flocks that he led
Led me down a crooked path oh so gory
The "long story short" is we got a divorce
But ... that's not the end of my story.

Though I said "Ne'er again" - a new prince arrived
(This time he wore fireman shirts)
I thought he was "cute" and he seemed to be good
But ... I didn't want any more "hurts".

So I remained distant (though we became friends)
... Over time this man earned my respect.
I started to fall ... though I tried to resist
This man I had met on the net!

It's now been several since we met the first time
And my best friend in life's he's become
I'm happy that I didn't give up on true love
For my Fireman Friend is the one.

And as to my dreams - well, I'm wakening again
Full of visions once deep in my soul
There is sooo much in store and I just cannot wait
To accomplish each one of my goals!


*I love you, my Forever Fireman Friend*
xoxo <3

No comments:

Post a Comment