Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 4 – EVENING


Well, tonight I do believe I turned a corner! Woo Hoo! I was ABLE to swallow for the first time w/o that excruciating pain between my shoulder blades. Wow – that was SOOO bad. I still have the IV and it’s still going continuously but I’m hopeful that maybe it can get back to a slow drip by tomorrow if things keep on as they are going tonight. I need to work on the incentive spirometer more – I’ve lost a little ground taking good deep breaths because of how my upper back has been feeling. My bowel sounds are “improving” I am told (take THAT, Gladys!) and the nurse says she hears a party going on. Hmmm – I prefer to NOT be invited … but I think Gladys got there early!

In short – I feel I am improving tonight. Hopefully I will be released late tomorrow evening (Sun) or Monday morning. Please God!! I’m not sure about my follow-up appointment. It was originally scheduled for Tuesday, November 24th, but I think Wednesday might be more realistic at this point.

A positive mental attitude is imperative to ensure success right out the gate at this venture following my surgery. If you don’t have a positive attitude – DEVELOP ONE! It will be the KEY to success and healing. There is no time for “woe is me” or defeatist thinking.

Be strong.

Be determined.



If you have come this far (and the foul smell from your roomie hasn’t killed you yet) – then you are going to make it! Keep going and pull from DEEP within … from your enduring spirit. This is NOT an “easy way out” and if anyone HAD the procedure they’d know that. People who are clueless make that comment. Ignore it! You know the truth – who cares if “they” do, right?! Right! 



This is a journey toward health and wellness. It is a TOOL – a means to an end. An aid. A courageous decision. Now you have done it – SEE IT THROUGH. CARRY ON. PRESS ON AND DO IT!



You can meet your personal goal and make the MOST of the OPPORTUNITY you have been given!



In the words of Nike – JUST DO IT! Only You (and I) CAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment