Monday, July 5, 2010

It's Official - TRAINING DAY #1

Today I officially began my training ... I am training for a 5K AND (possibly - the jury's out) an "Aflac Irongirl Triathlon" in Georgia.  The 5K is a go (still determining location/date - but somewhere in California the latter part of this year and sometime in the spring of 2011).  The Irongirl in Georgia is up in the air due to a few variables -- date, time, location, travel and sign-up expense, weather. 

Anyway - all that aside - I started this morning.  I did a 20 minute run/walk, followed by 10 push-ups, 20 sit-ups and 30 squats.  I have a long way to go but I have come a long way since I started my weight loss journey a little over 7 mos. ago. 

I have exactly 25 pounds to go to reach my personal goal weight of 125 pounds ... this morning I actually saw 149 on the scale but the second time I got on it (I always have to weigh twice for whatever reason??) it was back at 150.  I should've stuck with the one time weigh today!  (ha)

Okay - so that's it for today.  The "journey" has begun.  I can already see myself crossing that finish line for my first 5K.  That will just be the beginning ... the best is yet to come!

And as always, on this journey, I will keep YOU ...

posted!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment