Monday, July 6, 2009

Everything Old is New Again

New beginnings are SOOO great!

When I came home from Hawaii and stepped on the scale I was shocked to read the numbers 225 in between my two feet. What? How could that possibly be true?

Well - not only could it BE true - it WAS true. I came back to reality after that trip and worked out my 2 pounds per week weight loss graph that I wrote about last week.

This morning I weighed in and I was 212.5 and I realize this is all a matter of perspective ... that number is not close to my goal weight but ... it's down a considerable amount since we returned home on June 13! :-) I was pleased with the accomplishment - at least I took off what was gained on vacation and that's a start. At the very least, we MUST celebrate the accomplishments and give ourselves a pat on the back every once in a while!

I have exactly 87.5 pounds to lose if I want to achieve my goal of 125 pounds. Losing 2 pounds per week, I will reach my goal by May of 2010. If I step up the movement and pay close attention to planning meals, etc., maybe I could speed up the process a bit. I'm really not into quick fixes anymore though. I want to do what works, take my time, learn about nutrition and metabolism and make this a life change.

It's exciting to look at the calendar and see a new day each morning. Clean slate - fresh beginning!

I heard a comedian state that he hadn't had a bad day since the doc slapped him on the ass. I LOVED that one. I think that's my new mantra for a while! :-)

Make this day YOUR best! I know that's what I'm shooting for because we'll never have it back, you know?! :-)

1 comment: