Wednesday, July 1, 2009

"It Takes Two Baby"

It's been a while since I've posted but ... our trip to Hawaii was nothing short of ... AWESOME!

That was the first "alone" vacation my hubby and I had taken since we married in 2001 ... and we talked about the kids everyday we were over there (he's their stepdad and has taken them on as his own ... and he ROCKS!) ;-) I am SOOOO lucky!

Anywhoooo - we had a blast ... and he wanted to take photos everywhere we went. I am allergic to pictures and usually refuse to allow myself to be photographed but -- I caved this time. I now have a file at home entitled "BEFORE" and in there I have any/all pics Chuck took of me in Hawaii! ;-) Now - I just need to work on the "AFTER" pics! :-)

Along those lines -- in between posts I've been doing some research. I've read some articles, read some books, researched online, e-mailed those I know who have successfully lost weight (and kept it off which is KEY!) - and I have come to a conclusion that we all already knew ...

There is no trick to losing weight quickly. How I wish it were so. But alas - it is a simple equation: Eating Less + Moving More, = Weight Loss.

You don't have to "starve" to lose weight. You do have to cut back and take in fewer calories than you expend in order to achieve weight loss.

We already know all of this, don't we? We've heard it at a Weight Watcher's meeting, we've read it in a book or magazine, we've seen it on those "Success" episodes on Oprah or Dr. Phil or The Biggest Loser, our Jenny Craig counselor told us, yada yada yada!

You cannot achieve healthy, permanent weight loss without moving more and eating better. Plain and simple.

I am at a point where I am willing to eat less, eat healthier, move more and change my self-talk ... all key elements in achieving a healthier body. I am content to lose 2 pounds a week to achieve weight loss.

The time WILL pass ...

So I mapped out a "2 pounds per week" calendar and I will be at my personal goal weight of 125 pounds in a little over a year. That's not quick weight loss - on the contrary ... it sounds incredibly slow to me. But - I need to take the time to work out, modify my eating habits and change my lifestyle.

Anything worth having is worth working ... and waiting ... for.

Here's to new beginnings and never giving up! ;-)

I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Becky....glad to have you "back". I agree to the 2 lb's a week...and will work with you - to obtain my own personal goal. thanks for not giving up.

    ReplyDelete