Thursday, May 2, 2013

Deliberate Day 2

(Before I get into my writing for the day I wanted to share that earlier in the week I jokingly told a friend, "I may have been raised a Baptist but I swear ... I think I've become a Buddhist."  I say THAT to say THIS:  Please don't be surprised if one day I refer to a scripture passage that has proven inspirational in my life and another day [or in the same day's post for that matter] I refer to something from the teachings of the Dalai Lama.  Inspirational words - all types - inspire me.  I suppose that's the point, right?)  Now that that's outta the way ... I'll forge on toward Deliberate Day #2.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
13 - Brothers and sisters, I myself don’t think I’ve reached it, but I do this one thing: I forget about the things behind me and reach out for the things ahead of me.
Philippians 3:13 (Common English Bible - CEB)


If you're at all like me, at some point along life's way, you've felt a desire to go back in time and change something - reset the clock - have a a do-over.  While the occasional teacher might allow for a do-over in the form of offering their students an opportunity to retake a test - many of our "less than perfect" moments don't come with this do-over opportunity.   

So how's about we consider instead a "do better?"  Maya Angelou once said, "When you know better, you can do better." 

---
Okay, here's a moment of sheer honesty here.  I am trying to write this with a migraine from hell and I just cannot do this writing justice so I'll have to pick up Day 2 on Day 3 ... or whenever the migriane is willing to subside.


No comments:

Post a Comment