Sunday, May 12, 2013

Deliberate Day 12


I am so thankful for my mom.

It has been a difficult time for her this past 8 mos. since the passing of my dad and I wish so much I could do more to ease the burden and sadness she feels having lost her best friend on this earth.

There are no words that "fix" this, there is no magic wand, no escaping the reality that our time with dad on this earth is over and he's not coming back.

It's sad and I wish things were different.  For her.  For us. 

They really had the best marriage I have ever encountered in my life.  You say that and people think it's "cliche" - that that's just what kids say about their parents but in my case it's true.  I have never ever seen anything like the bond between my parents.  I'm happy they had this bond and I'm sad that it's been temporarily interrupted.

I know one day they will be reunited and that is the good news.

That's really all I can say on this Mother's Day.  I'm thankful for my mom.  I wish I could make her happier.

Of course, I would be remiss to not say I'm thankful for my three children who have made my lifelong dream of being a mom come true.  Without them my life would not be filled with as much joy.

All three of my children are a blessing.  I am so fortunate and happy and I don't know how I got to be so lucky to receive these three kids but I won't question ... I will just say thanks to God.

I really am thankful - deliberately and sincerely.

No comments:

Post a Comment