Sunday, May 26, 2013

Deliberate Day 26

We've had a house full of kids over this past weekend in celebration of Ben's 18th birthday.  At one point there were 6 guys and 3 girls and lots of laughing, xBox roaring and FUN!

When I was little I really never aspired to any type of career ... well, yes as stated previously on this blog ... there was a time I wanted to be a ballerina, a magician, yada yada yada.  But really - all I ever aspired to was becoming a wife and mom.

This past weekend reminds me of how much - HOW INCREDIBLY THOROUGHLY - I have enjoyed this calling. 

The toddler "mommy" years all too soon turned into the grown teen "mom" years - and the passage from childhood to adulthood is bittersweet for this mom.

I guess every mom feels this way but honestly - I have had the blessing of raising three incredible people.  They are kind, they are conscientious, they are sensitive, they are hilarious, they are moral, they are responsible, they are caring, they are strong, they are independent, they are free thinking.  They are wonderful.  I used to feel they were mine.

They are God's.

Always have been, always will be.

I was allotted a time to have them in my home on a daily basis - to enjoy raising them and loving them and caring for them and teaching them.  God places an incredible amount of faith in parents - entrusting His children into our care for a while.  That gives me a healthy sense of self that He saw fit to place them in my care and had full belief that I could do it.

There have been times I haven't done it right, there have been times I've felt too tired to do it, there have been times I wondered why He thought I could do it ...  :-)

But He did, so I did -- and WOW -- what a ride!

All three of my children are now adults.  And all three of my children are still my children.  I will always love them and care about them and be there for them when they need advice, encouragement == well, whatever they need that will be of help to them as they continue on finding out who they were born to become.

I have had the privilege to have a small part in their walk through this world and for this I am humbled and forever thankful --

Deliberately!

No comments:

Post a Comment