Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Deliberate Day 7


This blog is way too self-centered!

I guess right now, just trying to get into a routine of consistent blogging for at least 30 days, I'll settle with whatever I can come up with (because it's not that easy for me to be creative for thirty days in a row!).  H-o-w-e-v-e-r ... after my thirty 'Deliberate Days' of writing are complete I am seriously going to have to stop focusing so much on myself and figure out something else to write about.  But since that's not for another twenty-three days ...

Back to me (HA) ... 

Today I posted the following status update on my Facebook page:  "Are words low cal/fat free?  I'm eating a lot of them and I don't want tight pants!"  ;-)

I've been all talk about friendships - on my soapbox with regard to what I want in a friend, what type of person a friend should be, etc. - I said things like:

  • I don't want negative friends.  (Sounds a little negative ... )
  • I don't want whiny friends.  (Sounds a little whiny ... )
  • I don't like when people speak in riddles and aren't courageous enough to go a person they have an issue with.  (Sounds a little like a riddle ...)

So which of the following do I more closely resemble today ... the pot or the kettle? 

;-)

I woke up this morning with a bible verse on my mind.  The verse is found in Proverbs 18:24 and I memorized the King James Version as a child so that's what I remember:  'A man who hath friends must show himself friendly.' 

That's it.
Simple.

To have a friend, be a friend.

If you're not into God, even Thumper was on to something, "If you can't say somethin' nice ... don't say nuttin' at all ..."

So while I still think it's important to choose friends wisely and I still think there are times we need to keep certain people in the acquaintance category and not get too close, the bottom line - when building true friendships - is to remember -- if you want to make friends with someone you need to be friendly. 


"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
*Deliberately*

No comments:

Post a Comment