Monday, May 13, 2013

Deliberate Day 13


On days when I have difficulty coming up with something "new" to write I have made the decision to show up in front of the keyboard anyway.  And, if the muse remains silent, I'll resolve to share something that I wrote in years past - Here goes:

In Tranquil Sleep

I saw you in my dreams last night
I so wish it was real
For in my slumber I was free
To share just how I feel

No holding back, no trembling heart
Just passion, fully bared
You gently held me in your arms
Your touch revealed you cared.

We spoke of love, of life, of dreams
We shared our hopes and plans
We walked along the moonlit beach
Such comfort hand in hand.

But morning dawned as mornings do
And with its light I pondered
The dream was just a dream, so sweet
Oh, how my heart had wandered ...

Such tranquil sleep so calms my soul
Propels me to such height
Though now I'm off to face the day
I'll see you, come the night.

(rd)


********
To writing ... Deliberately!

No comments:

Post a Comment