Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Deliberate Day 28

Not a whole lot to write about on this Deliberate Day #28 so ... I will share a poem from my upcoming children's poetry book, "Of Pickles, Prunes and Lollipops."  :-)  Here goes:

In a Pickle

If I were a pickle
Living in a jar
I'd have my own shelf in the fridge
And never travel far.

I think I'd be a happy dill
(I doubt I would complain) ...
But after years of chillin'
Life might get a bit 'mundane' ~

I think it is quite possible
That one day I'd be hopin'
To make a GRAND escape
(When someone left my fridge door open!)

Where would I venture after that
We'd have to wait and see -
I'd check my new surroundings out
And plan my 'strategy' ....

Would I want to travel far
Across the ocean blue?
Or maybe stick closer to home?
Whatever would I do?

I think the safest plan, my friend,
Is neither "near" NOR "far" -
I just think I'm most happy living
In my pickle jar!


(rebecca dahlen) 


No comments:

Post a Comment