Thursday, May 16, 2013

Deliberate Day 16


I am on "hiatus" from blogging simply because I have been on jury duty and it's too tempting to write about the courtroom process.

So - instead I'm just writing about other "stuff" and then - once my jury duty is complete - I'll just post all these blogs at one time. 

Why?
Because. 
I can. 
;-)

Sooo - on June 28, 2013, there will be an open casting call for the television show, "Survivor."  I am attempting (as I type) to secure a PTO [paid time off] day to go down to San Dimas, CA, to apply in person.  I have a "jingle" I wrote but I've heard they frown on jingles ... especially jingles set to old tv shows (ummm, sorry, mine is to "The Brady Bunch").  Bummer - 'cuz my jingles really good  - if I do say so myself (which I just did!)  Oh well, I have an alternative audition ready as well so -- wish me luck!  :-)

What I am most hoping to gain from the experience, should I actually be picked for this show, would be interpersonal relationship experience.  Personal relationships are not my strong suit.  I do fine with family members - especially my immediate family - I have no trouble being myself, saying what I think, etc., etc. -- However, I don't do so well cultivating personal relationships outside of my immediate family.  If I were to self analyze this I would think maybe it all stems back to my "preacher wife" days when I was instructed not to form frienships with other church members because of potential jealousies within the congregation that could, in turn, negatively impact my then husband's pastoral ministry.

Pfffft - I think back on that time now and just think, "Whatever!"  The lot of it was pretty much utter foolishnness.

"If I knew then ...."

OK - that's it for today - I'll write more soon ...

Deliberately.

No comments:

Post a Comment