Saturday, May 25, 2013

Deliberate Day 25


Have I ever told you I've never read a book I didnt' like??!  Well, it's true.  Almost.

I wasn't all that impressed with "Gone Girl," written by Gillian Flynn.  The read was pretty good but the ending ... (I won't say more than that incase you're going to read it!).

But I've seriously enjoyed the deliberate reading and writing this past month.  I just finished reading "Fly Away" which was the sequel to "Firefly Lane."  I am so glad I read Fly Away because it tied up a lot of the loose ends from the first book.  Currently I am finishing up, "The Twelfth of Never" by James Patterson - the 12th book (obviously) in his Women's Murder Club (mystery) series.  I'm listening to this on audio and there is a new reader so that takes some getting used to (I really liked Carolyn McCormick - the previous voice over reader), but this person does various voices pretty well so ... she'll do.  :-)

I have about 45 minutes left to listen so that's what I'm off to go do this afternoon.  All the kids are still over - now a total of 6 guys, 3 girls.  GREAT group of teens.  I will soooo miss teen noise, laughter, hilarity in my house.  I think I'm going to have to pay some people to borrow their teens when mine is teen-less.

sigh*

OK - so off to finish a book ...

Deliberately.

No comments:

Post a Comment