Monday, May 6, 2013

Deliberate Day 6

Uh oh - I have nothing to say. 

This kinda sorta sucks when I'm trying to "deliberately blog" for at least 30 days.  In 1980, Air Supply sang about being "All Outta Love" ... here I am in 2013 ... "All Outta Words."  (I think I hear my spouse & kids cheering in the background!)  Let's see ... what's new today, May 6, 2013? 

Here are some random "off the top o' my head" thoughts:
  • My migraine is gone!  I'm SOOOO happy!  That was one of the longest and most painful migraine episodes I have ever had.  I am appreciating SO MUCH being headache free as of Saturday afternoon.  You forget how good it feels to feel good until you don't feel so good.  ;-)
  • I am thinking (only thinking ...) about undertaking a squats challenge starting tonight.  I have an outfit I want to be able to wear comfortably and right now it's feeling wayyy less than comfortable.  sigh*  My scale isn't up all that much but it is up AND I am really out of shape -- especially my thighs and stomach (story of my life).  This challenge seems daunting at the outset ... you start off on day 1 doing 50 squats and by the end of 30 days you are able to finish 250 squats!  I didn't do so well with the C25K (run three miles in 8 weeks) ... shin splints from hell, remember?  Chuck and I did go walking 3 miles yesterday and that felt really good.  He wore his 40 pound pack (for his fire dept pack test) and he did great the entire 3 mile walk.  When we finished and were back in the house I had him put that 40 pound pack on my back.  It was so heavy ... I couldn't believe I used to carry more than twice that just 4 years ago.  No wonder weight loss is important!  90 pounds gone and moving is so much better.  However, I still realllllllly need to work on toning.  I'm going to try to do this squats challenge but I make no promises at the outset.  ;-)
  • Setting time aside to write and read daily has been fantastic!  I finished one book last week and I am half way through with two others.  I am learning a lot.
  • I have been giving some serious thought to getting involved in a charity/volunteer organization.  Something for teens would be my preference.  All the musing over friendships, etc., I've been doing has led me to determine that too much time on one's hands can make for idle chit chat and meaningless rambling (ha - speaking of meaningless rambling ... kinda sounds like this deliberate blog, doesn't it?).  But I do think if I were to get involved in something that helped others I wouldn't have time to listen to or engage in useless talk.  The situation of developing quality friendships would take care of itself.
  • Not only do I want to find an organization in which I can volunteer my time - I also want to develop a hobby.  I'm not sure what that would be yet but I am trying to think about what it is I really enjoy doing.  I wish I could figure out how to get a writer's group going - and/or - a book club.  I love to read and write. 
  • I want to take violin and flute lessons.  Going to the symphonies recently really gave me an itch to play an instrument. 
  • I am having difficulty dealing with the fact that I will be turning 50 in two months.  I have never in my life been bothered by a birthday or a number ... this year I have to be honest and admit ... I'm bothered.  A co-worker told me today, "It's just another number.  Don't worry about it.  You'll turn 50 and then the next day you won't feel any different."  That really did help to make me feel a lot better.  It's a head thing and I have to just deal with it and not obsess over it.  I'm fortunate to have lived 50 years and that's where my focus needs to be - thankfulness.

That's all I have for now ... I'm going to go read and then think about tomorrow's post ...

Deliberately.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment